3 Vocational High Schools of Santa Coloma de Gramenet (Spain) , plus the local municipality and Mundus association have decided to create a Consortium, which main aim is to give better educational opportunities to VET and HE students of Santa Coloma.
Asociacion Mundus (Spain)
The “Consortium of Santa Coloma” is a consortium of 5 educational organizations located in Santa Coloma de Gramenet, a city in the outskirts of Barcelona. Santa Coloma socio-economical landscape is the result of 2 massive waves of immigration: the first was during the ‘60s and ‘70s, composed mainly by workers coming from southern Spain, the second was during ’90s until the peak of the crisis in 2008/9. As a result, Santa Coloma is nowadays one of the poorest city of Catalonia, with a population of aprox. 120.000 people of 118 different nationalities living together. Most of the youth population is at risk of social exclusion, due to economical obstacles and migrant backgrounds.
This is the reason why the 3 Vocational High Schools of the city, plus the local municipality and Mundus association decided to create the Consortium, which main aim is to give better educational opportunities to VET and HE students of Santa Coloma.
Thanks to the cooperation among all involved actors, the Consortium’s main innovation is to accompany students all along the year, preparing and training the students to get the best from their international experience, and ensuring a proper impact on their professional path and on the educational community of the school.
As part of the Consortium, Mundus is taking care of all administrative tasks, and cooperating with the 3 Vocational High Schools in the educational part of the project.
Together with the 3 Vocational High Schools, every year Mundus:
- prepares the Erasmus+ application for the project
- organizes visibility and dissemination events to inform and motivate about Erasmus+
- coordinates the selection of students and the matching with foreign companies
- takes care of the preparation and mentoring of selected students
- manages the logistics of the mobilities along with international partners (flights, accommodation, tutoring, documents)
- monitors the mobilities and take care of the reporting
- coordinates the dissemination of the results at local and international level
Started in 2014, the Consortium passed from 16 mobilities to the 74 of summer 2017, with a foreseen budget of approx. 200,000€ for 2018, i.e. one of the 20 biggest project in Spain in terms of budget and impact.