Student Work Experience In Real Life (SWIRL) new Erasmus Plus funded project kick-off meeting took place on 1-2 November 2017, in Seinäjoki, Finland.
The aims of SWIRL project are bringing VET and the world of work closer together by encouraging the students to take initiative and investigate work opportunities in the companies of the region through their own networks. The first day partners had a short presentation from “Into Seinäjoki” and the day after from “Xport”, which will become associate members of the project.
This first meeting was focused on:
- Intellectual outputs
- Quality Management
- Financial rules
During the meeting, partners decided to include as Associate partners “Into Seinäjoki” and “Xport”.
SWIRL expected impact
- Improve the competences of initiative & pro-activeness and self-confidence of the students
- Increase the students’ sense of responsibility, networking skills and entrepreneurial mind-set
- Enhance the development of teaching and learning methods -Bring VET students and the world of work closer together
- Led to long term apprenticeships or internships for VET students and job opportunities
- Create regional partnerships and networks
- Create Open Education Resources available for everybody
Finnish National Agency for Education attended to the meeting
Due to the location of the meeting, Finland, a representative from the Finnish National Agency for Education was invited to the project meeting. The representative presented the Erasmus Plus financial rules.