Coordinator: Weiterbildungskolleg Mönchengladbach
Contact Details: Berthold Pelzer
Starting / Ending Date: 1.09.2014 – 31.08.2016
Summary: DISCO focusses on quality improvement of second chance education. The development of an online knowledge and quality centre is positioned centrally. In this centre digital assessment tools, good practices and training are available.
The developed tools (online grading system for good practices; self-and peer assessment system for organisations; tailor-made e-portfolio tool for (international) placements; self-assessment tool for teacher/trainers) will open up the opportunity to think and act borderless in European second chance education and upgrade national developments to a European, transversal, settings.
An online and offline European community of teachers/trainers in second chance education is targeted. In this community teachers and trainers can share, discuss, develop and value their practices and ideas.
The aim of the DISCO project is to develop a self-monitoring and self-evaluation culture that will evidence success factors.
The project Objectives:
– In terms of employment increases for youngsters at risk by offering them international work experience and making it possible to evidence this experience digitally.
– Looking at education, who is at the highest risk of drop out and has the lowest chances in completing third level education.
– In fighting poverty and social inclusion and offer opportunities and develops tools for teaching and training in a community and network based integrated environment to avoid exclusion and to promote their chance in the European society and labour market.
Founding Agency: Agreement 2014-1-DE02-KA204-001549
1. Stichting EURICON, The Netherlands
2. Betawerk B.V., The Netherlands
3. Centrum Ksztalcenia Ustawicznego w Sopocie, Poland
4. Centro Studi ed Iniziative Europeo, Italy
5. EfVET, The Netherlands
6. PSE, UK