Learning Opportunities, inStruments and Investigation Techniques to fight the growing phenomenon of missing people in Europe
The issue of missing people and children in particular (whereas these people are potential victims of human trafficking), is increasing in Europe: in 2016, according to theEU’s criminal intelligence agency, at least 10,000 unaccompanied child refugees have disappeared after arriving in Europe. National statistical data of Police and Ministries ofEuropean Member States also reveal a high percentage of people never found.
The project focuses on the needs of improving the investigation processes by carrying out an in-depth analysis of the subject, providing more information and raising social awareness, and offering training for risk groups and operators involved the area of action of THE RESPONSE TO DISAPPEARANCES where different kind of professionals are working on cases of missing children and adults would benefit from receiving specific training and support.
The proposal intends to deal with two kinds of sectors: 1) FIELD OFTHE RESEARCH AND INVESTIGATION where especially law enforcement agencies are working with the help of voluntary associations and 2) FIELD OF SOCIAL SUPPORTING SERVICES provided by NGOs organisations and local public entities, to support the families during the disappearance and the after care support of a person or unaccompanied child who returned or was found after disappearing.
In particular, the project aims at:
1) improving the competences of the trainers and of the operators of the sector (police, health, voluntary organisations, etc.) in the key first investigation phase (informational phase which support the overall investigation process) with aim of increasing the percentage of people found
2) defining a new core professional profile supporting any law enforcement agency in the research
3) increasing and improving social policies of local Public Institutions to support and protect families and in general their local communities from this phenomenon
4) developing a new operative model that can be easily transferred in any EU country by using innovative and open ICT tool
5) increasing knowledge and awareness among social groups and communities of social society (families, younger, citizens, voluntary associations) with the cooperation of Local Public entities (Municipalities and Regions).
Consorzio Pubblico Società della Salute Zona Pisana www.sds.zonapisana.it
C.M. SKOULIDI & SIA E.E.,GR
INSTITUTI PRINCIPE REAL – ASSOCIACAO PARA A INOVACAO E DESENVOLVIMENTO, PT
ASSOCIAZIONE OMNIS, IT
EUROPEAN FORUM OF TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING, BE
SOSU OSTJYLLAND, SP
SOSU AARHUS, DK
SIULP Perugia, IT