‘New Geopolitics of the Region’
9th December, 2016, UNESCO Amphitheater, University of Nicosia
09:30 Welcoming remarks by Prof. Farid Mirbagheri
– Dialogue Chair in Middle Eastern Studies
Opening address by H.E. Ambassador Rea Yiordamlis.
– Deputy Permanent Secretary and Political Director of Ministry of Foreign Affairs
10:00 ‘Iranian Perspective of the New Geopolitics of the Region’
Keynote speech byH.E. Dr. Kasem Sajjadpour.
– Deputy Foreign Minister of Islamic Republic of Iran
10:30 Questions and comments
11:30 Panel Discussion: ‘‘Extremism & Geopolitics of the region“
11.30 “Legal Framework of Fighting Terrorism”, Mr. Hossein Gharibi
– Adviser to Deputy Minister for Legal and International Affairs of Iran.
11.45 “The Geopolitics of Maritime Delimitation in the Eastern Mediterranean” Prof. Costas M. Constantinou
– Professor of International Relations, Dept. of Social and Political Sciences University of Cyprus
12.00 “The New Geopolitics of the Region under the Shadow of the Global Trends” Prof. Ahmet Sözen
– Department of the Department of Political Science and International Relations, and Director of Cyprus Policy Center, EMU
12.15 “ISIS: The Industry of Violence” Dr. Ghadir Nasri
– Department of Law and Political Science, Kharazmi University and Senior Researcher at the Institute for Middle East Strategic Studies
12:30 Questions and comments
13:00 End of seminar