The Excellent Advanced Manufacturing 4.0 project coordinated by Tknika
The Excellent Advanced Manufacturing 4.0 Project, EXAM 4.0 by its acronym, is one of the five pilot Centres of Vocational Excellence (CoVE) approved for funding in 2019, under the pilot initiative launched by the European Commission in 2018.
The project, coordinated by Tknika, will be running between the 1st of November 2019 and the 31st of October 2021 and it brings together partners from five different European Countries:
– Sweden (Curt Nicolin Gymnasiet),
– Germany (Duale Hochschule Baden Württemberg)
– Netherlands (Da Vinci College, 10XL)
– Belgium (EARLALL, European Association of Regional and Local Authorities for Lifelong Learning)
– Basque Country (Tknika, CIFP Miguel Altuna, AFM Machine Tool Manufacturers´ Association of Spain)
The main goals of the project are to stablish a European platform of excellent advanced manufacturing VET centres and to design the main features of a lab where students can acquire relevant competences to work in 4.0 environments in the manufacturing sector.
To achieve these goals, project partners will:
– Define the state of the art in advanced manufacturing in VET in Europe;
– Create a platform of excellent advanced manufacturing centres;
– Design and pilot a model of 4.0 advanced manufacturing training lab for VET students.
VET Centres from Advanced Manufacturing sector who fulfil a set of requirements will have the opportunity to join and become members of the platform once it is established.