Memorandum of Understanding signed by the European Forum of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (EfVET) and the World Federation of Colleges & Polytechnics (WFCP)
EfVET is delighted to announce the signature of a Memorandum of Understanding with the WFCP
San Sebastian, Spain, 17 June 2022: On Thursday 17 June 2022, the European Forum of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (EfVET) and the World Federation of Colleges & Polytechnics (WFCP) have announced a new cooperation agreement to provide the framework for cooperation in technical vocational education and training (TVET) to be jointly considered between the Members of each association based on long and sustainable collaboration.
The agreement, in the form of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), was signed by the EfVET President Professor Joachim James Calleja and the WFCP Chair Dawn Ward in the framework of the WFCP Congress 2022 which took place in Donostia-San Sebastián, Spain, from June 15 – 17, 2022.
The event was hosted by our Member Tknika represented – in the occasion of the signature of such document – by the Director of the Internationalisation Department of Tknika and Deputy Chair Europe at WFCP Iñigo Araiztegui Arraiz who acted as intermediary between the two parties. EfVET Vice President (Projects) Stefano Tirati was also present during the signature and delighted to have highly contributed to such an agreement.
The document formalises the mutual willingness to start cooperation and strengthen the recent relationship between the EfVET and the WFCP with the aim of fostering and establishing a sustainable partnership between the two with a bi-fold objective:
- Promote technical education and training in accordance with the needs identified by industry representatives in the two institutions’ communities to increase their competences in the global market;
- Promote collaborative education and research activities by the two institutions’, including staff mobility, as well as collaboration in the exchange of information, research, and ideas.
The MoU contains detailed framework for mutual cooperation, as follows:
- RECOGNISING the establishment of relationship between the EfVET and the WFCP to expand educational opportunities between them;
- RECOGNISING the broader benefits of internalisation mobility, learning and research abroad;
- RECOGNISING the establishment at Thematic Team Groups and bring together members of EfVET and WFCP to share and learn approaches in education, which are relevant to professional, vocational education training;
- DESIRING to expand the bilateral cooperation specific to the areas of human capital development and to strengthen the existing cooperation and provide opportunities for sharing in the areas of education, academic, and culture between the two parties;
- INCREASING international networks of TVET providers as a meaningful contribution to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainability Development, ensuring inclusive and quality education for all and promoting lifelong learning;
- INCREASING the meaningful contribution of the international network at TVET providers to the 2030;
- COLLABORATING between industry and vocational institutions.
In order to achieve the objective of this Memorandum of Understanding, EfVET and WFCP in partnership will encourage specific agreements of cooperation between those institutions which are members of the two organisations. This MoU is also intended to encourage the two institutions to explore ways to promote collaboration between them on matters of mutual interest.
EfVET President Professor Joachim James Calleja had the following to say about the agreement: “The collaboration between EfVET and WFCP is an important step for the establishment of a sustainable partnership to promote TVET. It ensures an important dialogue, the dissemination of results, and will surely enable a stronger platform for collaborative education and research activities.”
EfVET is a unique European-wide professional association which has been created by and for providers of technical and vocational education and training (TVET) in all European countries. Its mission is to champion and enrich TVET through transnational cooperation and building a pan-European network of institutions that could lead to European VET policies.
The World Federation of Colleges and Polytechnics (WFCP) is an international network of national and regional associations of colleges as well as individual colleges. WFCP provides leadership in delivering workforce education for our global economy and is also a keyway for Colleges to link with other key stakeholders in the Skills landscape to help emphasise its position in the Skills ‘ecosystem’.