Co-coordinator: University of Helsinki Ruralia Institute, FI
The project website is: http://www.luontoyrittaja.fi/connect-vet/
Duration: 1.10.2013 – 30.09.2015
Connect-VET project focuses on transferring and further developing organisational innovations in VET sector. The existing good practices for rural SME-Vocational education and training-Higher Education and Research co-operation will be collected together, complemented by the models/tools developed by previous initiatives and selected developed models will be piloted in 5 different countries in practise. The overall objective of the project is to support and impact on improvements in quality and innovation in VET systems, institutions and practices by systematically increasing and strengthening the co-operation between VET, rural micro enterprises and HE/R and via this connect the education better to work life, build up the VET staff´s expertise and enhance the competitiveness VET as part of regional innovation systems.
Connect –VET project has been divided into 5 sub-subjects:
1. To bring the opportunities provided by rural companies and HE/R
2. To build connections to the VET staff to both HE/R and rural companies to strengthen their knowledge base
3. To provide feasible and practical models for co-operation to cover the whole VET-HE/R and rural micro enterprises knowledge chain by developing further the existing good practice and utilising the work of previous initiatives.
4. To establish long term co-operations between rural micro companies VET and HE/R in order to start a change in the VET working culture in practice.
5. To improve the connections between micro enterprises and students already during the students and increase the student’s readiness for entrepreneurship.
Connect-VET will be implemented by a consortium including combination of players in LLL. The roles of the partners are divided according to their expertise: core partners will pilot the cooperation models with the supporting partners. EfVET has been chosen as a dissemination partner with access to thousands of Vocational Colleges across Europe.
Centro Studi „Cultura Sviluppo“ (CSCS), IT
Norton Radstock College, UK
Godalen Vocational College, NO
Estonian University of Life Sciences, EE
Centro de Formación de Administración y Hostelería, S.L.U,CDEA, ES
Lapland Naturals, FI
Universita degli Studi di Firenze Dipartmento di Scienza delle Produzioni Agroalimentari e d’dell’A (DiSPAA), IT
Bath Spa University, UK
Estonian Rural Tourism Organisation, EE
European Forum for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (EfVET), BE
European University Continuing Education Network (EUCEN), BE