Fit for 4.0
Training Teachers and Trainers for the 4.0 paradigm
Industry 4.0 digital revolution, smart manufacturing and services, global interconnection are the keywords to describe the current development in the world of work. Professional training can become the “first choice” to experience this transformation, but at present only a few training centres in Europe have the necessary equipment and, above all, teachers are not always fully aware of the dimensions of charge or have the tools to face the 4.0 paradigm, which is not just “Industry 4.o” and technology. o make training sustainable, it is important to update times and tools and encourage collaboration between teachers, trainers, learners, training institutions, companies, social partners and local authorities.
The project focuses on this challenge: it aims at identifying competence and qualification requirement for VET teachers and trainers and at developing and piloting training modules for both. This should be done in close cooperation with companies.
- Increasing the quality of teachers and trainers;
- Increasing skills of teachers and trainers;
- Favouring co-operation between teaching/training and business
Fit for 4.0 project originates from digitalisation and internet, training modules, of course, will have to be embedded in the digital era. They will be offered e-learning (e.g. in the MOOC environment) and are supposed to combine appropriate methods with targeted competences. The search for appropriate free learning platforms and tools for the provision of the training modules will be part of the project: at the end the modules will be freely available and accessible for all, and the project is expected to develop an open environment where teachers and trainers, no matter if belonging to partner organisations or not, can add material and suggestions, contribute to discussions, populate a wiki database.
The aim of the project is to combine new learning requirements with fitting methods and also to develop assessment methods who face the new challenges, e.g. interactive learning with OED, active pedagogical approaches with collaborative methods, by actively integrating learners and educators in the process.
- IFOA – Instituto Formazione Operatori Aziendali (Italy)
Contact: Mr Luca Boetti – email@example.com
- Göteborgs Tekniska College AB (Sweden)
- Artesis Plantijn Hogeschool Antwerpen (Belgium)
- Berufsorderungsinstitut Oberosterreich (Austria)
- Jyvaskylan Ammattikorkeakoulu (Finland)
- Politechnico di Milano (Italy)
- Edugep – Concepção, Desenvolvimento e Gestão de Projectos de Natureza Educacional, Social e Cultural Lda (Portugal)
- North West Regional College (United Kingdom)
- Zealand Business College (Denmark)
- European Forum of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (Belgium)
Start: 01/09/2019 – End: 31/08/2022