Internationalisation of VET systems in Western Balkans
Introducing learning mobility in the VET systems of the Western Balkans has gained an increasingly prominent position on the agenda of the Berlin Process, and its strategic importance has been acknowledged in the communication “A credible enlargement perspective for and enhanced EU engagement with the Western Balkans” However, in order to make mobility a reality there is a need of introducing a “culture of learning mobility” that Europe has been knowing since the launch of the Erasmus programme in the 80’. In particular there is a need of informing VET teachers and headmasters on these themes and increase their competences in planning and managing mobility projects. More work-based learning is also required in the Western Balkans to prepare young people to the transition to the labour market and at the same time support the development of local economies.
The INTERVET Wester Balkans project is to improve the quality of VET in Western Balkans thus ultimately favouring the employability of young people.
INTERVET Western Balkans has set out 4 specific objectives:
- To research, develop, test and mainstream a mobility scheme in the 6 countries of the Western Balkans which is tailor made to the characteristics of this area and addressed to: VET students, recently graduates, apprentices and staff of VET organisations.
- To improve the key competences and professional skills of learners, by delivering more work-based learning experiences through mobility actions abroad, thus filling the gap with those needed by the local business sector for the economic development and the same time facilitating their transition to the job market.
- To improve the competences of VET organisations staff regarding, transnational mobility; internal management and administration; planning and teaching of sector subjects through mobility
- To strengthen the integration and interaction of the different components of the system (VET providers, VET organisation, mobility providers local authorities and etc) and establish networks of stakeholders that will ensure the sustainability of mobility schemes.
The project includes associations, VET schools and SMEs from the 6 regional partners (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia), as well as 8 partners from the EU Member States (Belgium, the Netherlands, France, Malta, Spain, Slovenia and Poland). INTERVET is coordinated by Uniser Società Cooperativa Sociale Onlus in Italy.
- Uniser Società Cooperativa Sociale Onlus (Italy)
- MCAST (Malta)
- SEPR (France)
- ROC Da Vinci College (The Netherlands)
- Incoma (Spain)
- Mode (Poland)
- ZNI (Slovenia)
- EfVET (Belgium)
- Chamber of Commerce & Industry of Serbia (Serbia)
- Chamber of Economy of Montenegro (Montenegro)
- IUS Lifelong Learning Center (Bosnia & Herzegovina)
- Prishtina REA (Kosovo)
- National Centre for Development of Innovation & Entrepreneurial Learning (North Macedonia)
- Albanian Skills (Albania)
Start: 19/12/2019 – End: 18/06/2023