Mosaic is the acronym of Mastering job-Oriented Skills in Arts & crafts thanks to Inclusive Centres of vocational excellence. The European Arts and Crafts field is a colourful mosaic of passion, heritage, culture and skills. It represents a substantial challenge for the economy, as well as international and European competitiveness and requires an effective training system adapted to its professional challenges, as well as to the crucial societal challenges related to rapid technological change, digitalization, climate change, circular economy and new forms of work. These challenges need to be taken into account and deliberated at a transnational level, considering how significant and impactful they are for all the stakeholders working together in the field of Arts & Crafts: training centers, companies, universities, research bodies, etc.
Through this project, we want to address some key issues for VET schools and companies dealing with craftsmanship, tradition and creativity by providing concrete solutions in line with our time, that will ensure full employability for learners and competitiveness for the business sector. The platform of transnational cooperation that will be set up within this project will bring together relevant EU and non-EU partners who want to foster Excellence in VET within the Arts & Crafts sector, ensure high quality skills that lead to quality employment and career-long opportunities, which meet the needs of an innovative, inclusive and sustainable economy. The platform will also make it possible to break down the barriers and bring together certain universes, which still too often function in silo.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- To increase and improve collaboration between companies and VET centers, to reach a state of mutual fertilisation.
- To improve VET provision by delivering new training modules
- To foster Internationalisation and transnational strategies in response to the evolutions of VET and society
- To provide forward-looking VET through the use of digital methodologies and tools.
- Future proof the workforce for the Water sector and avoid a brain- & skills drain by securing current and increasing future students in water related studies.
Call: ERASMUS-EDU-2021-PEX-COVE (Partnership for Excellence – Centres of Vocational Excellence)
Project no.: 101055648-MOSAIC-ERASMUS-EDU-2021-PEX-COVE
- Société d’Enseignement Professionnel du Rhône (France)
- Espoon Seudun Koulutuskuntayhtymä Omnia (Finland)
- Scuola Centrale Formazione Associazione Scf (Italy)
- Harmonia 1 Ltd (Bulgaria)
- Collège d’enseignement Général et Professionnel de Victoriaville (Canada)
- Simonian Educational Foundation (Armenia)
- Université Jean Monnet Saint-Etienne (France)
- Lab-Ammattikorkeakoulu Oy (Finland)
- Chambre Régionale de Métiers et de l’artisanat Auvergne Rhône Alpes (France)
- Unione Regionale delle Camere di Commercio, Industria, Artigianato e Agricoltura dell’Emilia-Romagna (Italy)
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Bulgaria)
- Puusepänliike Wooden Oy (Finland)
- European Forum of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (Belgium)
- Uniser Società Cooperativa Sociale Onlus (Italy)
- Consorzio Materahub Industrie Culturali e Creative (Italy)
- Fondazione Golinelli (Italy)
- Institut Nationaldes Métiers d’art (France)
- World Crafts Council Europe (Ireland)
Start: 01/06/2022 – End: 31/05/2026
Social Media Channels: