PoVE Water Scale-up
Water is life. It is a precondition for human, animal, and plant life as well as an indispensable resource for the economy and fundamental in climate regulation. The new PoVE Water Scale-up facilitates the further development of PoVE Water into a world-class reference point for vocational training in the Water sector. It brings together the Regional CoVEs Water that, as a result of the PoVE Water pilot project, share a common interest and approach in the Water sector, including digitalisation, stakeholder involvement and sustainability aspects.
The aim of the project is to integrate Vocational Excellence in the Water sector, thus ensuring high quality skills and competences that lead to quality jobs and careers, meeting the needs of an innovative, inclusive, and sustainable economy.
The proposed project PoVE Water Scale-up is a joint initiative of 8 VET schools, 7 Water industry professionals, 4 academic partners and 3 support partners in Europe (NL, DE, MT, CZ, LV, EE, BE) and beyond (SA) to educate our VET students to become agile, digitally skilled and sustainable oriented water sector professionals that our future desperately needs.
Objectives and activities are:
- Expand the holistic approach to Vocational Excellence in the EU Water sector by securing a central role of VET in the regional Innovation Ecosystems and further developing strong and enduring relationships between VET, research & the water industry.
- To expand PoVE Water geographically in a sustainable way (environmentally and economically) in line with the EU Green deal by setting up and interlinking CoVE Water networks that operate on Regional level.
- Drive innovation in water related VET on a regional and EU level by developing contemporary (Digital, VR) learning materials.
- Ensure that current and future water sector professionals have the key skills & competences demanded by developing blended training programmes.
- Increasing student’s, teacher’s and professional’s competence for international mobilities by organising international mobilities as common practise in Water related VET.
- Building EU and global recognition for PoVE Water as a worldwide point of reference for VET in the water sector.
- Future proof the workforce for the Water sector and avoid a brain- & skills drain by securing current and increasing future students in water related studies.
Call: ERASMUS-EDU-2021-PEX-COVE (Partnership for Excellence – Centres of Vocational Excellence)
Project no.: 612632-EPP-1-NL-EPPKA2-SSA-P
- Friesland College – CIV Water (the Netherlands)
- Learning Hub Friesland (the Netherlands)
- PBT – Katapult (the Netherlands)
- Vitens (the Netherlands)
- Wellantcollege – Yuverta (the Netherlands)
- Maastricht School of Management – MSM (the Netherlands)
- Hanse-Parlament (Germany)
- Malta College of Arts, Science and Technology – MCAST (Malta)
- Water Service Cooperation (Malta)
- Mendel University (Czech Republic)
- Crea Hydro & Energy (Czech Republic)
- Secondary Industrial School of Civil Engineering Brno – SPŠS BRNO (Czech Republic)
- Lipka (Czech Republic)
- Women Engage for a Common Future – WECF (Germany)
- Riga Technical University – RTU (Latvia)
- RTU Olaine VET school (Latvia)
- Daugavpils Construction Technical School – DCTS (Latvia)
- VTDT VET college (Latvia)
- LUKA Latvian Water and Wastewater Works Association (Latvia)
- Järva County Vocational Training – JKHK (Estonia)
- Estonian Waterworks Association – EVEL (Estonia)
- European Forum of Technical and Vocational Education and Training – EfVET (Belgium)
- Stellenbosch University (South Africa)
Start: 01/05/2022 – End: 30/04/2026
Social Media Channels: