Promoting pEople with disability Transnational mObility
Awareness on social inclusion of people with intellectual disabilities has been increasing thanks to measures and actions adopted at both National and European levels. The EU promotes the active inclusion and full participation of disabled people in society. Giving them the opportunity to do an internship abroad can represent an important chance to enrich their cv and to present themselves with greater determination in the face of potential employers. Unfortunately, due to lack of specific information regarding the mobility of people with disabilities, many VET providers are led to imagine that having people with disabilities involved in a mobility project entails a great deal of extra work and possible complications. At the same time there is a poor connection between the world of VET organizations and that of NGOs focused on people with disabilities, therefore the number of people with ID engaging in a mobility is still very low.
The PR.E.S.T.O. Project is in line with the Horizontal Priority on Social Inclusion. The PR.E.S.T.O. partnership aimed at promoting work-based learning in all its forms:
The PR.E.S.T.O. Training Course and Guidelines are aimed at providing tools, knowledge and guidance to VET providers on how to plan and manage quality work-based mobility paths specifically drawn for people with intellectual disabilities. The work-based learning presents itself as a valuable opportunity to:
• For VET project designers as an opportunity to: test the model studied in the development of the project (design of transnational mobility projects involving people with intellectual
• For people with cognitive disabilities as a valuable opportunity to: increase and improve personal, interpersonal and professional skills; development of the sense of initiative and the ability. One of PR.E.S.T.O.’s objectives are to promote the involvement of people with in-tellectual disabilities in work-based internships and international mobility paths.
Developing partnerships supporting the setting up and implementation of internationalization strategies for VET providers. PR.E.S.T.O. puts in place a training and awareness raising strategy useful to pro-mote quality mobility of VET learners with disabilities and to foster VET internationalization. The partnership will identify, test and evaluate Guidelines and training tools aimed at enabling VET providers (managers and project designers) to plan and manage quality mobility paths for disabled people and that will facilitate their engagement in international cooperation paths.
Project no.: KA202
- Consorzio Ro.Ma (Italy)
- Associazione Italiana Persone Down (Italy)
- International Consulting & Mobility Agency (Spain)
- Stowarzyszenie na Rzrcz Rozwoju Spolecznosci Wiejskiej Gminy Przygodzice (Poland)
- Cap Ulysse (France)
- European Education & Learning Institute (Greece)
- EfVET (Belgium)
Start: 09/01/2020 – End: 31/08/2022
Social Media Channels: tbc