Cybersecurity Skills Alliance
A new Vision for Europe
REWIRE is the Alliance formed from the four winning pilot projects of the 2018 Horizon 2020 cybersecurity call “establishing and operating a pilot for a European Cybersecurity Competence Network and developing a common European Cybersecurity Research & Innovation Roadmap”: CONCORDIA, ECHO, SPARTA and CyberSec4Europe. Thus, the REWIRE Alliance represents more than 160 partners of the four pilot projects, including big companies, SMEs, universities and cybersecurity research institutes, from 26 EU Member States.
REWIRE gathers 12 education and training providers, 11 partners representing industry and certification, and two EU umbrella organisations for VET from 12 EU countries to work together for developing a new sectoral strategic approach to cooperate on cybersecurity skills, and support a better matching between skill needs of the market and skills provided by the relevant education and training organisations.
This project aims to provide concrete recommendations and solutions that would lead to the reduction of skill gaps between industry requirements and sectoral training provision and contribute to support growth, innovation and competitiveness in the field of Cybersecurity.
REWIRE builds a Blueprint for the Cybersecurity industry and a concrete European Cybersecurity Skills Strategy. This strategy will bring together lessons learned from other initiatives (i.e. CONCORDIA, SPARTA, ECHO, CyberSec4Europe) and will be outlined from a holistic approach, identifying political, economical, social, technological, legal and other factors which may be affecting sector skills and training offer. Encompassed with activities, milestones, outcomes and outputs, these activities will be developed during the course of the project:
- Design and implementation of a Blueprint for the Cybersecurity industry
- Develop a European Cybersecurity Skills Strategy
- Develop a common methodology for the assessment of the current situation and to anticipate future needs, through identification of existing and emerging skills needs
- Create a European Cybersecurity Skills Observatory integrated by specific actions, activities and tools that allow for anticipation and matching of skills supply and demands
- Support the strategy and framework through the implementation of a digital on-line publicly accessible European Cybersecurity Skills Digital Observatory – CyberABILITY (for cybersecurity skills merging the market needs, the profiles, the competencies and the available training courses)
- Create a Cybersecurity Skills Framework containing profiles for the needed cybersecurity profiles and their analysis.
- Pilot a federated cyber range hosted by multiple project partners to support the goals of the project.
- Create at least four (4) educational curricula and relevant skills certification schemes for profiles contained in the Cybersecurity Skills Framework
- Promoting attractiveness of the sector and gender balance through specific actions to engage all relevant stakeholders
- Develop actions for encouraging mobility through promoting the use of existing European tools (Erasmus+, EURES, EAfA etc.)
- Create networks to improve skills intelligence and information mechanisms and strengthening exchange of knowledge and practice between the cybersecurity industry and the VET providers, adapting VET provision to the skills needs demanded by the sector
REWIRE will start by getting main market players involved taking up opportunities to make the best of their talents. They will constitute together with the partnership, the Sector Skills Alliance, the necessary driver to push a sustainable sectoral strategy and Blueprint implementation as mentioned above.
Project no.: 621701-EPP-1-2020-1-LT-EPPKA2-SA-B
- Mykolas Romeris University – MRU (Lithuania)
- Ekonominės Konsultacijos ir Tyrimai – EKT (Lithuania)
- NRD CS (Lithuania)
- Asociacija INFOBALT – INFOBALT (Lithuania)
- Tuv Austria Cert – TUV Austria (Austria)
- Apiroplus Solutions Ltd. – Apiroplus (Cyprus)
- European University Cyprus – CERIDES (Cyprus)
- Cyprus Certification Company – CCC (Cyprus)
- Brno University Of Technology – BUT (Czech Republic)
- Masaryk University – MU (Czech Republic)
- Gt Cyber Technologies Oü (Estonia)
- EfVET (Belgium)
- EVTA (Belgium)
- Télécom SudParis – TSP (France)
- UL-France (France)
- Technical University Of Crete – TUC (Greece)
- Amc (Greece)
- Research Innovation And Development Lab – ReadLab (Greece)
- Hellenic Lloyd S Sa (Greece)
- Budapest University Of Technology And Economics – BME (Hungary)
- Tecnico Lisboa (Portugal)
- Uni Telecom (Serbia)
- Caixa Bank – Caixa (Spain)
- Universitat Ramon Llull Fundacio – URL (Spain)
- KTH Royal Institute Of Technology – KTH (Sweden)
Start: 01/11/2020 – 31/10/2024
Social Media Channels