The EfVET is looking for a Policy & Project Officer at its headquarters in Brussels, Belgium
Would you like to become part of an international and dynamic team focused on shaping and promoting vocational education and training of the future? If the answer is YES then EfVET is the organisation for you! Join our dynamic and international team and add to your career an opportunity to grow to levels of excellence!
The EfVET is an umbrella organization that represents 25 countries in Europe, 200 learning providers, over 1500 VET institutions and more than 2 million learners. EfVET is one of the leading European-wide professional associations, which has been created by and for Vocational Education and Training (VET) providers.
The Policy and Project Officer ensures the quality of the EfVET Strategic Plan implementation. The Policy and Project Officer has management responsibility and reports directly to the President and Vice Presidents of EfVET or as delegated. The Policy and Project officer supports the EfVET Board as well as the staff of EfVET members involved in EfVET activities and initiatives. The Policy and Project Officer is responsible for improving the overall quality and transparency of internal procedures and operations, monitoring progress and correct course when necessary.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AREAS OF WORK
- Policy support
- Providing support to EfVET Board team and Vice President Policy;
- Coordinate of wide strategic planning and advocacy for EfVET policy priorities;
- Participating in the formulation of EfVET policy, strategy and draft position with respect to relevant topics;
- Contribution to advocacy activities such as preparing presentations and drafting speeches. Writing editorials and newsletters for EfVET network and policy groups;
- Networking with EfVET Thematic Teams groups to influence EU decision-making in the relevant fields
- Preparation of presentations for the EfVET Board and Management Team members, and specific ad-hoc docs / banners;
- Networking: Create, maintain and extend over time a strong network of contracts in the Brussels EU policy community;
- Performing any other tasks or duties required of the role as appropriate;
- Manage activities with members and coordinating the work of EfVET working groups with Vice-President Policy together with the rest of the office team.
- Project support
- Assist Vice-President with the preparation of financial Project reports and Project working group;
- Project management: Preparing input of European projects, preparation project reports, financial reporting, dissemination and implementation of project results, preparation meetings and multiplier events, and keeping project record available for audit visits;
- Support the co-ordination of activities with external stakeholders to ensure the success of the projects.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in relevant discipline, e.g. education/political science;
- Educated to degree level or with 3 years’ relevant work experience;
- Understanding of the European Institutions;
- At least two years relevant work experience in the above mentioned fields;
- Fluency in English (written & spoken) is required;
- Knowledge of other EU languages is a an asset;
- Excellence in organisational, teamwork and communications skills;
- Ability to work as part of a small team;
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, priorities and meet deadlines;
- Strong experience with MS-office (Teams, World, Excel, etc);
- Ability to work flexibly, including occasional international short-term travels;
- Experience in the NGO sector/EU umbrella organisation;
- Work experience in an international environment.
Terms and conditions
- Fixed term full time contract for three (3) years with extension possibility
- Working hours: 38 hours
- Salary: negotiable
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Deadline for Application: 17 December 2021.
Please send us your CV, cover letter (maximum 1 page) in English, an article, document or publication on Vocational Education and Training you have developed or contributed to and a video introduction (max 1 minutes) to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com mentioning the title of the vacancy in the subject “Policy & Project Officer”. The deadline for sending applications is December 17, 2021.
Early applications are favoured as they will be reviewed on a rolling basis. All applications will be processed in full confidentiality. Please note that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
GDPR & non-discrimination policy
Download PDF of the job description